Hello, and welcome Dear Readers in this article you get to know about RBI Udgam Portal 2023 (udgam.rbi.org.in) Registration, Login Link RBI on August 17 announced the launch of the Unclaimed Deposits – Gateway to Access inforMation (UDGAM) portal as a one-stop-shop to facilitate and make it easier for the public to search for their unclaimed deposits across various banks.
The RBI has created this portal for the general public’s use in order to assist and make it simpler for consumers to search their unclaimed deposits across many banks in one location. If you have a family member who has a bank account or a Fixed Deposit but has not used it for the last 10 years, then you can use the RBI UDGAM Portal for Unclaimed Deposits. all the important information related to RBI Udgam Portal, like for what purpose this portal has been started and what are its benefits and features. List of Banks under the portal, Steps to Register, Login,
RBI Udgam Portal 2023
RBI launched UDGAM (Unclaimed Deposits: Gateway to Access Information) where you can search for unclaimed deposits in banks the citizens of the country to find their unclaimed deposits or accounts in various banks UDGAM portal has the search facility for unclaimed deposits of 30 banks from September 28, 2023. close. Icon. close. account_circle. login Logout.
Through this portal, all the citizens of the country can easily identify their unclaimed deposits or accounts and all the citizens can also claim for them. Additionally, a user-friendly interface is also provided by this portal, along with which the process of searching and accessing idle funds through this portal is also made easy and simple.
RBI has been undertaking public awareness campaigns from time to time to sensitise the public on this matter. Further, through these initiatives, the RBI has been encouraging members of the public to identify and approach their respective banks for claiming unclaimed deposits.
RBI Udgam Portal Details in Highlights
|Name of Portal||RBI UDGAM Portal|
|Started by||Reserve Bank of India|
|Benefit||Easily Claim of Unclaimed Deposits|
|Beneficiary||Individuals and Non-Individual who have unclaimed deposits|
|Registration and Login Process||Online Web Portal|
|Starting Date of Registration||August 18, 2023|
|RBI UDGAM Portal Link||udgam.rbi.org.in|
The (udgam.rbi.org.in) portal will aid users in identifying their unclaimed deposits/ accounts and enable them to either claim the deposit amount or make their deposit accounts operative at their respective banks. Reserve Bank Information Technology Pvt Ltd (ReBIT), Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS) and participating banks have collaborated on developing the portal.
UDGAM Portal Bank list
List of Banks Available on Centralised Web Portal for Unclaimed Deposits
- State Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.
- South Indian Bank Ltd.
- DBS Bank India Ltd.
- Citibank N.A.
The establishment of the web portal would make it easier for consumers to locate their unclaimed deposits and accounts, giving them the option to either make their deposit accounts active at their respective banks or collect the deposit amount.
Reason of Increased Unclaimed Deposits
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced a centralized web portal named UDGAM (Unclaimed Deposits – Gateway to Access Information) to enable bank customers to easily discover any unclaimed deposits they might have RBI has expressed concern about unclaimed deposits and has undertaken initiatives to raise awareness among the public
UDGAM portal has the search facility for unclaimed deposits of 30 banks from September 28, 2023. According to RBI, balances in savings or current accounts which are not operated for ten years, or term deposits not claimed within ten years from the date of maturity are classified as unclaimed deposits
They aim to ensure everyone is informed and can retrieve their funds from the bank. unclaimed deposits pertaining to seven banks, of which six are currently operational. These banks include SBI, Punjab National Bank, Central Bank of India, Dhanlaxmi Bank, South Indian Bank, and DBS Bank India. Citibank is also available on the portal for non-individual entities.
RBI launches उद्गम – UDGAM – Centralised Web Portal for searching Unclaimed Depositshttps://t.co/CGhsVm9ICJ
— ReserveBankOfIndia (@RBI) August 17, 2023
Benefits of RBI Udgam Portal
The Unclaimed Deposits Portal 2023 brings a big advantage. It helps people find information about their forgotten deposits and claim the money they didn’t know they had. You can also make your dormant account active again. The portal was created through a partnership between ReBIT and IFTAS.
Important Documents For UDGAM Portal
- Mobile Number:
- For initial registration, verification, and receiving OTPs (One-Time Passwords).
- Name of the Account Holder:
- Matching the exact name with the bank records is essential for accurate search results.
- Bank Details:
- Information about the bank or banks where the user might have unclaimed deposits.
- PAN (Permanent Account Number):
- One of the identification criteria is to search for unclaimed deposits.
- Voter ID:
- An alternative identification criterion users can provide to search for their deposits.
- Driving License Number:
- Another identification option for users to help locate their dormant funds.
- Passport Number:
- It is useful for those who might have used their passport as identity proof during the initial deposit or account creation.
- Date of Birth:
- It is essential to cross-verify the account holder’s identity and match it with bank records.
How to Register on the UDGAM portal online?
- First of all, Go to the UDGAM portal registration link
- Provide your phone number and enter your name during the registration process.
- Set a password for your account on the portal and input the Captcha code.
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number and click on “Register” to validate your RBI Udgam registration online.
How to log in udgam.rbi.org.in
- First of all, go to the official website of RBI Udgam Portal
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Under the login window, enter your mobile number and the password
- After that, enter the captcha code
- Finally, click on the next button to get logged in to your registered account
How to check for unclaimed deposits on the UDGAM portal?
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of RBI Udgam Portal,
- Open the website udgam.rbi.org on your device.
- Log in using your registered ID and password.
- On the new UDGAM page, fill in the requested details.
- Provide the account holder’s name and your Bank’s Name.
- Choose one of the given options and input the necessary information.
- Click on the “search” tab.
- A new page will display all the information about the Unclaimed Deposits Portal 2023.