UAN Activation: Registration, Login and Generate UAN Number, Universal Account Number (UAN क्या) है | UAN Activate Kaise Kare | EPFO Portal | यूएएन रजिस्ट्रेशन और एक्टिवेशन | EPF क्या है |
UAN Activation Each and every member of EPFO receives a UAN Universal Account Number, a special 12-digit identification number unique for every employee. The Ministry of Labor and Employment is responsible for issuing it. Throughout his or her employment, a member is only permitted to have one UAN,
which is linked to all of their EPF accounts. The EPF account number and member ID change when an employee moves jobs, however, the UAN stays the same. If a member receives two UANs, he or she must immediately notify EPFO and his employer.
so that the old UAN may be deleted and the old EPF ( Employ& Provident Fund) corpus can be transferred to the new PF account. In this post, we cover all the major information regarding UAN Activation 2022, its benefits, the procedure to apply, and much more.
UAN Activation 2022
According to the Employees & Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act of 1952, businesses with at least 20 employees are required to register with the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). Employees who participate in the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) scheme must contribute a minimum of 12% of their base pay to the programme. Additionally,
The employer is expected to contribute equally, up to a maximum of 12%, to the employee’s account. An employee can access and manage information about their EPF account by using their Universal Account Number (UAN), a twelve-digit number given to each member of the EPFO. While an employee may have several Member Identification Numbers (Member ID) if they switch employers, their UAN Activation never changes.
Objective of UAN Activation
UAN aids in the nation’s centralization of employment data. It is utilised to reduce the time and effort put into the company’s employment verification process. The EPFO’s ability to obtain member bank account information and KYC without the help of employers is another crucial element. This enables the EPFO to scrupulously keep track of the employees& numerous employment changes.
Benefits of UAN Activation
- In the nation, UAN aids in the centralization of employee data.
- It lessens the burden placed on employers and businesses by the EPF organization’s employment verification process.
- With the use of this account, EPFO was able to obtain members’ bank account information and KYC without the assistance of the employers.
- Tracking an employee’s numerous employment changes is helpful to EPFO.
- Early and unauthorized withdrawals from EPF have significantly decreased since UAN was implemented.
UAN Benefits for Employees
- A single unified account will serve as the umbrella for all new PF accounts associated with new jobs.
- With this number, it is simpler to withdraw (whole or partially) PF online.
- Using this special account number, the employees can move their PF money from one PF account to another.
- You can promptly download a PF statement whenever you need one (for a visa purpose, loan security, etc.) by logging in with the member ID or UAN or by sending an SMS.
- Your profile doesn’t need to be validated by new employers if your UAN has already been Aadhaar and KYC-certified.
- UAN makes sure that employers are unable to access or withhold their employees’ PF funds.
- Making ensuring that their company consistently deposits their contribution in the PF account is easier for employees to do.
Importance of Universal Account Number (UAN)
- All of a member’s PF accounts are present under UAN, which serves as an umbrella. The advent of UAN has made it easier to trace an employee’s EPF accounts than it was previously.
- With the aid of UAN, the member can quickly and conveniently transfer his PF from his previous accounts to the new one online.
- By activating his UAN, the member can access all online services offered by EPFO
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- The minimum age must be above 18 years and the applicant should apply for a job in any specified company.
- Male and Female both can apply for UAN Numbers and you cannot apply more than one time.
The following documents must be submitted at the time of UAN activation (your employer will typically take these from you when you join the service):
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Bank account details and IFSC
- Any other proof of identity or address, if required.
Every employee is given a distinct UAN by EPFO when they are initially registered by their employer in the EPF Scheme. If the employer has registered the establishment through Shram Suvidha Portal, it can be completed swiftly through the EPFO employer portal. The actions below must be taken by the employer in order to register an employee for UAN:
- Go to the Government of India EPF Official website
- Use your establishment ID and password to log in.
- Select the & “Register Individual” button under the Members section.
- Type in the employee’s information, including PAN, Aadhaar, bank information, etc.
- Give your approval to every detail in the; Approval section.
Procedure to Know your UAN Status
- Applicants first visit the Official Website the eSewa Portal.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- On homepage you have to click on Know Your UAN Status Option.
- A new page will open on your screen, where you enter the necessary information (PAN or Aadhar or Member ID).
- In order to receive an OTP on the registered mobile phone, click “Get Authorization Pin.
- To get SMS messages with the UAN and its status, enter the OTP button.
Procedure for UAN Activation
- The applicant first visit the Official Website of eSewa Portal.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- On homepage you have to click on Activate UAN
- A new page will open on your screen, where you have to enter the necessary information (PAN or Aadhar or Member ID)
- In order to send an OTP to the registered mobile number, click “Get Authorization Pin.
- To activate UAN, enter your OTP and click the activation button.
The user will receive a password in their registered mobile number after the UAN activation process is complete, which they can modify as they see fit. A member can access MEMBER e- SEWA and utilise their UAN as their user ID and password to access the EPF passbook service. The member can monitor and manage their EPF balance from the convenience of their home with the UAN passbook service.
Procedure to link Aadhar with UAN
- Applicant first visit the Official Website of eSewa Portal.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- On homepage you have to click on sign in option on the MEMBER e-SEWA by filling your UAN and password.
- A new page will open where you need to select “KYC” under the “Manage” tab.
- After that select the option for “‘Aadhaar’
- Now enter the required details such as- Applicant name and 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
- After filling all the details click on “Save” button.
- Now the process of Aadhaar link is complete. When “verified” status shows next to the Aadhaar number.
Visit any EPFO branch or Aadhaar CSE to complete the offline process of linking Aadhaar to UAN (Common Service Centre). A request form and a self-attest copy of the member’s Aadhaar card must be sent there. It will be complete after verification, and a notification to the registered mobile number will serve as confirmation. Since its founding in 1952, EPFO has advanced considerably. UAN is one of many key moves it has made along the way, including offering a social security service and simplifying the process of settling EPF claims
If you have any query regarding UAN Number, so you may visit Official Website their to get further information.
UAN Activation (F.A.Qs)?
- Visit EPFO Member Portal.
- Click on “Activate UAN”
- Enter your UAN, Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, mobile number and captcha code.
- Now click on “Get Authorization Pin”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
- Step 2: In the Services section, click on UAN online service (OCS/OTCP)
- Step 3: Click on ‘Know your UAN status’ in the ‘Important Links’ section.
- Visit the UAN eSewa portal.
- Click on the link “Activate UAN”
- Enter the required details (PAN or Aadhar or Member ID)
- Click on “Get Authorization Pin” to get an OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP and click on Activate UAN to make UAN active
Conclusion / निष्कर्ष:-
I hope friends you must have liked this post. And this post UAN Activation: Registration, Login and Generate UAN Number like this, complete information has been given about it.
For this, you can also share this post of mine. If you have any question in your mind, then you can tell us by commenting below.
For similar information, you should visit our website: PMAYojana , and if you liked this post, then definitely share it to your friends and your social sites, thank you.